Recipe by KittyKitty
The hot sauce and brown sugar are a nice combination, and it is really different with the deli ham and ground pork added to the ground beef. I recently discovered this, after "rediscovering" meatloaf, and this is very good.
Top Review by 908184
I made this tonight for my husband and I and he said, it was the best meatloaf he's ever had. It was sweet, flavorfull, moist and sticky on top. Coming from a Southern girl, quite a nice surprise. Will make again and again!!
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 large green bell pepper, minced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups soft breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped smoked ham (from the deli)
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 4 slices bacon
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together first 12 ingredients in a large bowl, just until combined. Shape mixture into 2 ( 9x 4 inch) loaves; place in an aluminum foil lined broiler pan.
- Pour half of tomato sauce evenly over each loaf, and arrange 2 bacon slices over each loaf.
- Bake at 350F for 1 hour. let meat loaf stand 10 minutes before serving.