Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This recipe comes out of a local electric company magazine. We love hearty soups on the cold, damp days. This recipe fits the bill. Just place everything in the crock pot, go to work, come home to a wonderful soup. This makes a large crockpot of soup. For thicker soups you can use less broth, for thinner soups, use more. The cups measurement for the broth is up to your preference.
- 12 -15 cups chicken broth
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 5 celery ribs, chopped
- 5 parsnips, chopped
- 8 cups cabbage, shredded
- 4 bell peppers, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli florets
- 1 (10 ounce) package cauliflower, frozen
- 2 -3 pieces chopped gingerroot (optional)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- Combine all ingredients in crockpot.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours.
- May adjust the salt and pepper to taste.