Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Fudge-y, chewy, and delicious. From Southern Living.
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 50 pecan halves (approximately, it depends on how "heaping" your teaspoon is)
- Add condensed milk, chocolate, and butter to a heavy saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate and butter melt.
- Remove from heat and stir in flour, chopped pecans, and vanilla.
- You can let the mixture cool slightly if you wish, but don't let it get too cool as it will be harder to get a nice-looking cookie - they'll have jagged edges if the mixture has started to set and doesn't "flow" slightly.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. You can fit a lot of these on a cookie sheet, as they hardly spread at all. Press a pecan half into the center of each cookie.
- Bake sheets one at a time on a rack placed in the center of the oven. Bake at 350° for 7 minutes. (Do not overbake.) Let sit for one minute on the cookie sheet to set up a bit, then immediately transfer cookies to wire racks to cool.