Recipe by Buzymomof3
A wonderful friend makes this for her open houses, and it is a fantastic queso type dip to serve with tortilla chips. Just a touch of heat, but not too spicy (though if you like it spicy - just use hotter picante sauce). I'm a transplant and moved to Alabama in the late 90's, and ironically it's named Alabama dip! Hope you enjoy.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb sausage
- 2 lbs Velveeta cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) jar picante sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the beef and sausage and drain.
- Cut the Velveeta into large chunks.
- Put everything but cheese into a large crock pot and stir a bit - add cheese. Cook on high for about 1 - 1 1/2 hours till cheese is melted (stirring occasionally). Turn to low for the party.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- It has just enough heat for my mild tastebuds, but if you like it spicier, by all means use Hot picante sauce.
- And in case you're wondering - the cream soup helps keep it from separating and helps keep it saucy while being heated.