Prep 7 mins
Cook 30 mins
Not what you would think of as "Southern" food but, very good for a brunch.
- 12 -16 sausage links
- 12 eggs
- 2 tablespoons dried onion or 1 cup sweet onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash mace (optional)
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Cook sausage links. Set aside.
- Beat eggs with electric mixer until foamy; add onion, parsley and seasonings.
- Stir in ricotta cheese and slowly add milk.
- Place sausage in a 13-x9-x2-inch glass baking dish. Pour egg mixture evenly over sausage. (May refrigerate overnight at this stage.).
- Preheat oven to 325*. Place casserole, uncovered, in oven and bake for 30 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean.