Recipe by scootercrocker
This recipe was obtained from Penzey's "One" magazine. It is very moist and flavorful. A cross between quick bread and cake. Easy one bowl preparation for a fast,delicious snack. I've modified it some on instructions, pans, etc. Enjoy!!!
Top Review by DeeVaFoodie
Now THAT'S-a-lotta blueberries! This bread is fantastic. Love the hint of lemon, the cinnamon and clove, and I did opt to "dust" my pans with cinnamon sugar. Oh my, YUM! I made the recipe as written and didn't change anything. My 2 loaves baked for 50 minutes, then I cooled on a rack for an hour before trying it. Then trying it again.....then again just to make sure LOL. Awesome recipe scootercrocker, thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Spring 2011.
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 cups canola oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (I use King Arthur)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 cups blueberries (I used 3 cups of fresh berries)
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar (for sprinkling pan)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*. Grease with PAM either 2-8" loaf pans or a Bundt pan and if you wish, lightly sprinkle with cinnamon sugar for an added treat.
- Take a lg. mixing bowl and add the first 7 ingredients. Mix with an electric hand mixer or by hand if you don't have one.(Use a fork). Just until blended.
- Next add flour,salt,and b.soda. Mix thoroughly.
- Fold in the berries last with a rubber spatula.
- Spoon batter using spatula into prepared pan or pans as stated above.
- Place in oven regular shelf setting (does not have to be middle).
- Bake at above temperature for approximately 45 min's. to 1 hour.
- You'll have to check it, time vary's with ovens. Let cool 15 min's. then remove and cool on cooling rack.