1/1 Photo of Alabama Blueberry Bread
This recipe was obtained from Penzey's "One" magazine. It is very moist and flavorful. A cross between quick bread and cake. Easy one bowl preparation for a fast,delicious snack. I've modified it some on instructions, pans, etc. Enjoy!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups canola oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (I use King Arthur)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 cups blueberries (I used 3 cups of fresh berries)
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar (for sprinkling pan)
- 1Preheat oven to 350*. Grease with PAM either 2-8" loaf pans or a Bundt pan and if you wish, lightly sprinkle with cinnamon sugar for an added treat.
- 2Take a lg. mixing bowl and add the first 7 ingredients. Mix with an electric hand mixer or by hand if you don't have one.(Use a fork). Just until blended.
- 3Next add flour,salt,and b.soda. Mix thoroughly.
- 4Fold in the berries last with a rubber spatula.
- 5Spoon batter using spatula into prepared pan or pans as stated above.
- 6Place in oven regular shelf setting (does not have to be middle).
- 7Bake at above temperature for approximately 45 min's. to 1 hour.
- 8You'll have to check it, time vary's with ovens. Let cool 15 min's. then remove and cool on cooling rack.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Alabama Blueberry Bread
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 731.9
- Calories from Fat 330
- Total Fat 36.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 69.7 mg
- Sodium 477.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 54.5 g
- Protein 7.8 g