2 hrs 15 mins
In 'Mrs. Rowe's Restaurant Cookbook'
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Lightly grease a rimmed baking sheet.
- 2Dissolve the yeast in the warm water in a small bowl; set aside to proof for 5-10 minutes, until foamy.
- 3Sift the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt together into the bowl of a stand mixer or a large bowl.
- 4Add the yeast mixture, oil, and milk and mix well.
- 5Knead in a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook or by hand for 5-7 minutes.
- 6Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to a thickness of 1/4 inch.
- 7Cut out 30 rounds with a 2-inch biscuit cutter.
- 8Dip the bottom of 15 of the rounds into the melted butter and stack them on the remaining 15 rounds, to make a total of 15 biscuits.
- 9Arrange on the prepared baking sheet and let rise in a warm place away from drafts for 1 hour, until they double in volume.
- 10Preheat the oven to 425°; bake the biscuits for about 15 minutes, until nicely browned.
- 11Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Alabama Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (739 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 162.2
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 17.9 mg
- Sodium 133.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 2.8 g