Recipe by Gormet Al
I'm not sure where I got this recipe, but I've refined it over several years and now have a cheese ball that friends and relatives beg me to make for parties and gatherings. The "award-winning" part of the title is from my works annual Christmas party where all of the dishes brought to the party were voted on. This recipe has won two times, giving me an extra day of vacation each time. Note: This recipe is best when made 12 to 24 hours before serving.
Top Review by mstout
I had to substitute real bacon pieces for beef since I forgot to buy beef but otherwise I followed it exactly and it was wonderful! My Mother even called to tell me she was eating the leftovers and it was the best cheese ball she had ever eaten (and she likes no one else's cooking). I also loved the little extra instructions you included. Thanks!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) packagesliced beef
- 1 bunch green onion
- 4 -5 fresh garlic cloves
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Open cream cheese and cheddar cheese placing them into large mixing bowl. On cutting board, finely chop green onions and place them in mixing bowl with cheeses. Do the same with the sliced beef. Beef and green onions may be finely chopped with a small food processor. Using a garlic press, mince garlic and place into mixing bowl.
- Wait until cheeses have become soft; about 1 hour. Add lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce. Using your hands (this will be messy), thoroughly mix all ingredients in the bowl. When all ingredients are mixed well, place cheese ball on piece of foil. Roughly shape into ball with hands. Wash cheese ball stuff off of hands with warm water. With wet hands, smooth cheese ball into desired shape.
- Place cheese ball into sealed plastic container and refrigerate overnight. (Or just refrigerate without placing into a sealed container and everything in your refrigerator will smell like garlic for about a week).
- Take out of ‘fridge about an hour before serving. Serve with your favorite crackers.