I think this was from before he lost all that weight! This is the most flavorful and delicious steak meal that I've ever had. The compound butter doesn't HAVE to be formed but it makes for a nice presentation. There will be left over compound butter. (great slathered on nice crusty warm bread) Courtesy of Al Roker. (prep/cooking times do not account for marinating and resting of meat)
- Up to one day ahead: Soften butter a bit but not quite to room temperature.
- Mix in the chopped rosemary, orange zest and pepper.
- Shape into a log on a sheet of waxed paper.
- Seal the ends and refrigerate.
- (best done at least an hour before serving).
- Place steaks in a large container with the first 4 ingredients.
- Turn to coat.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerate for at least 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Prepare grill to high heat.
- Do not wipe the garlic pices off the steaks.
- Grill steaks to desired doneness, adding some of the garlic and rosemary from the marinade as you grill.
- Allow steaks to rest, covered 5 minutes before serving.
- Slice compound butter into approximately 1 Tablespoon sized disks.
- Serve Steak topped with a disk of the butter.
- Call the cardiologist.