1/1 Photo of Al Roker's Steaks As Big As Your Head
600 hrs 15 mins
I think this was from before he lost all that weight! This is the most flavorful and delicious steak meal that I've ever had. The compound butter doesn't HAVE to be formed but it makes for a nice presentation. There will be left over compound butter. (great slathered on nice crusty warm bread) Courtesy of Al Roker. (prep/cooking times do not account for marinating and resting of meat)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large rib eye steaks (aka Delmonico's)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
- salt and pepper
- 1Up to one day ahead: Soften butter a bit but not quite to room temperature.
- 2Mix in the chopped rosemary, orange zest and pepper.
- 3Shape into a log on a sheet of waxed paper.
- 4Seal the ends and refrigerate.
- 5(best done at least an hour before serving).
- 6Place steaks in a large container with the first 4 ingredients.
- 7Turn to coat.
- 8Cover and marinate in the refrigerate for at least 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- 9Prepare grill to high heat.
- 10Do not wipe the garlic pices off the steaks.
- 11Grill steaks to desired doneness, adding some of the garlic and rosemary from the marinade as you grill.
- 12Allow steaks to rest, covered 5 minutes before serving.
- 13Slice compound butter into approximately 1 Tablespoon sized disks.
- 14Serve Steak topped with a disk of the butter.
- 15Call the cardiologist.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Al Roker's Steaks As Big As Your Head
Serving Size: 1 (50 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 333.8
- Calories from Fat 329
- Total Fat 36.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.4 g
- Cholesterol 61.0 mg
- Sodium 165.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rib eye steaks