Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
These wings are marinated for a few hours in a mixture of hot pepper sauce, honey, chili powder and butter and are then baked until crispy. Serve with blue cheese dressing. Recipe found in Womans Day magazine.
- 1⁄4 cup hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 lbs chicken wings
- Mix first 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add chicken and turn to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate, turning occasionally for at least 2 hours or up to 12.
- Heat oven to 375° and line baking sheet with heavy duty foil.
- Add chicken in a single layer.
- Bake, turning chicken once for 1 1/4 hours or until chicken turns crispy.
- Note: After baking these can be cooled and refrigerated, covered for up to 24 hours. Reheat in covered baking dish in a 400° oven for 15 minutes.
I cooked our wings at 350 for 1 hour and they came out perfectly glazed and brown and delicious. I turned down the heat on ours and only used 1 tsp. chili powder and less hot pepper sauce, about 1/2 as much. Al Roker, you rock.. These wings are GREAT! Thanks!
Maybe it was just us, but we didn't find these spicy at all. I was trying 3 different wing recipes and these were our least favorite. They are "ok", but for us they just had too little flavor.
I used Frank's Hot Sauce and it worked fine. We loved the wings and had them when friends were over so they could help me rate them! We all give them thumbs up, so you know they will be made here again! We all loved the hot/sweet combination of flavors! We had them with rice and peas with mushrooms. It was a very nice dinner if I do say so myself! Thanks!