Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
Courtesy Rachael Ray.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup unpopped popcorn
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, cracked away from skin
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and black pepper
- Place oil in a heavy pot with lid and heat over medium high heat. Add corn and pop, shaking the pan until popping slows to 2 or 3 seconds between pops.
- Melt butter with garlic in microwave 15 seconds on high. Discard garlic clove.
- Pour butter over corn and add cheese to corn. Turn to coat.
- Season corn with salt and black pepper to taste.
Very yummy! The kids and I loved it!
Yummy! Remember this one for movie night! Loved the way the garlic clove added flavor to the butter without the harsh bite of straight garlic. I found a great deal of Parmesan fell to the botton of the bowl, so you could get away with less if desired. Used my nifty whirly-pop corn popper which pops almost all kernels without burning. Thanks for sharing the recipe!