Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is an easy-to-make Anglo-Indian recipe for spiced scrambled eggs. Serve with chapatis or puris and some spiced vegetables. Recipe adapted from: "the vegetarian epicure, book two", by Anna Thomas.
- Beat the eggs lightly with the milk, salt, pepper and chopped cilantro.
- Heat butter,or ghee, in a large skillet and saute the chopped onions until they begin to color.
- Add the chiles, ginger, red pepper, turmeric and cumin.
- Stir over medium heat for about 2 minutes.
- Raise the heat slightly and pour in the beaten eggs.
- Stir constantly until the eggs are just set but still creamy.
- Serve immediately with chapatis.
This was sooo good - just the right amount of spice and heat. We had this for brunch: there were just two of us but we polished the whole thing off in no time! Thank you for sharing, will definitely make again!
I made this last night for dinner, and it came out very well. We ate it with parathas, and it tasted so good. I will definitely make this again. Plus, it is very easy and quick to make.