Recipe by lynnski / LA
This is an easy-to-make Anglo-Indian recipe for spiced scrambled eggs. Serve with chapatis or puris and some spiced vegetables. Recipe adapted from: "the vegetarian epicure, book two", by Anna Thomas.
Top Review by stormylee
This was sooo good - just the right amount of spice and heat. We had this for brunch: there were just two of us but we polished the whole thing off in no time! Thank you for sharing, will definitely make again!
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter (or ghee)
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno chile, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried red pepper, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric, ground1/2 teaspoon cumin, ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the eggs lightly with the milk, salt, pepper and chopped cilantro.
- Heat butter,or ghee, in a large skillet and saute the chopped onions until they begin to color.
- Add the chiles, ginger, red pepper, turmeric and cumin.
- Stir over medium heat for about 2 minutes.
- Raise the heat slightly and pour in the beaten eggs.
- Stir constantly until the eggs are just set but still creamy.
- Serve immediately with chapatis.