Recipe by Coasty
A spicy scrambled egg to spice up your breakfast
Top Review by Elmotoo
Delicious! I just had this for breakfast. I used parsley for color because I detest cilantro. This is a really nice way to dress up scramblies while adding more veggies & lots of flavor to them. Thank you! Made for 'A Day in the Life of a Diabetic' challenge, ZWT 6.
- 8 eggs
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 spring onions, sliced
- 3 chilies, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1⁄8 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons coriander, chopped
- 1 tomatoes, ripe & diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs and milk together adding salt and pepper.
- Heat the ghee in fry pan and add the spring onions chillies and ginger and saute until soft.
- Add the turmeric, coriander and tomato and fry a further 2 minutes
- Turn heat low and add the eggs and cumin and cook as for scrambled eggs but do not cook to dry, the eggs should just be cooked.
- Serve with chapatis and sprinkle with chopped coriander.