Recipe by Tish
Posted in response to a request. This is a Croatian appetizer. I have not tried this recipe. Source: "Our Favorite Recipes" St. Anthony Croatian Catholic Church. Times are estimated.
Top Review by M8R-1jaely
It's traditional dish here in Serbia, made before winter.
Picture of Ajvar in a bowl:http://www.dreamstime.com/ajvar-a-delicious-traditional-balkan-dish-rimage22063462-resi3898795
- 2 large eggplants
- 6 large red sweet peppers or 6 large green sweet peppers
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1⁄2 cup oil, preferably olive oil
- parsley, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake eggplants and sweet peppers at 350 F until tender when pierced with a fork.
- Peel skin from hot vegetables and chop or mince the vegetables.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and stir in the garlic and lemon juice.
- Gradually stir in as much of the oil as the vegetables will absorb.
- Mix well.
- Pile into a glass dish and sprinkle with parsley.