Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Posted in response to a request. This is a Croatian appetizer. I have not tried this recipe. Source: "Our Favorite Recipes" St. Anthony Croatian Catholic Church. Times are estimated.
- Bake eggplants and sweet peppers at 350 F until tender when pierced with a fork.
- Peel skin from hot vegetables and chop or mince the vegetables.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and stir in the garlic and lemon juice.
- Gradually stir in as much of the oil as the vegetables will absorb.
- Mix well.
- Pile into a glass dish and sprinkle with parsley.
It's traditional dish here in Serbia, made before winter.
Picture of Ajvar in a bowl:http://www.dreamstime.com/ajvar-a-delicious-traditional-balkan-dish-rimage22063462-resi3898795
This also is not a review of recipe but comment on ajvar. I am currently living in Slovenia and enjoying ajvar immensely. It is a condiment here, often served with grilled meat. Most often it is served with a grilled sausage called cevapcici. I have asked local friends for the recipe but each family has their own, secret recipe or simply buy it from the grocery. The ajvar aisle is quite extensive! Thank you for posting this. I can't wait to try it and have with me always, even when not in the Balkins.
Delicious! I have tried commercial brands, and loved them. This one is sweeter than most, but still yummo!