Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This traditional Iranian mixture of nuts, seeds, and dried fruits is a staple of winter solstice celebrations. This recipe came from December 2012 issue of Saveur, along with Ramin Ganeshram's story Midnight Snack.
- 1 cup roasted salted pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup whole salted pistachios
- 1 cup sugar-coated slivered almonds (or plain slivered almonds)
- 2⁄3 cup dried mulberries (can sub dried cranberries or other berries)
- 1⁄2 cup roasted unsalted almonds
- 1⁄2 cup dried salted chickpeas
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup dried currant
- 8 dried mission figs, quartered
- 8 dried turkish figs, quartered
- Stir together all ingredients in a bowl until evenly combined; store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.