Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My husband is from Colombia and loves this "typical" dish. I don't really like cilantro, so I don't cook it, I add it at the end as a garnish. This recipe comes from a cookbook published in 1980 in Bogota. I translated it as best I could.
- 1 whole chicken, cut up
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 medium white radish (optional)
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green peas
- 3 ears corn, cut in fourths
- 3 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut in large dice
- 2 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and cut in large dice
- 4 tablespoons cream
- Place all ingredients, except cream and cilantro, in a large stockpot or dutch oven, and cover with 10 cups of water; cook about 30 minutes until chicken is tender but not falling off the bone, adding additional water as needed to maintain a soup consistency.
- Stir in cilantro and cream.