Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A Peruvian Recipe that has been modified into a Tex-Mex recipe. Serve with meats, or cooked on top of enchiladas.
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro (about 3 cups, chopped and loosely packed with some small stems included)
- 1 medium red onion (coarsely chopped)
- 2 jalapenos (seeds removed and chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar (quality brand)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 ripe avocado (cubed)
- Process all ingredients except avocado.
- Leave a bit chunky.
- Allow to mellow in refrigerator for at least 6 hours.
- Bring to room temperature and add the avocado just before serving.
Absolutely five stars!!! What a great salsa this is - the flavors marry together so beautifully. Be sure to heed the advice about good balsamic - I can see where it might be overwhelming if it doesn't have a mellow smoothness. I'll be serving this tonight over grilled boneless, skinless chicken thighs - but only if I can keep my spoon out of it! It's delicious with or without the avocado. Thanks so much for posting this great adaptation of the classic Aji. Made for My Three Chefs 2013.