Recipe by loannefw_12421886
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. This is a popular potato side dish in Peru that is pleasantly slightly spicy. I substituted Aji Amarillo paste with with pureed sliced nachos jalapeno peppers, but if you can find this paste in the Spanish sections of regular grocery stores, it will taste much better. Adjust amount to your liking.
- 1 lb Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 2 cups evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon pureed sliced nachos jalapeno pepper
- 10 ounces queso blanco, mexican cheese, small cubed
- 2 ounces ground chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes according to directions on package.
- Meanwhile in a saucepan heat milk and pureed jalapeno or Aji Amarillo paste, stir until smooth. Stir in cheese and walnuts and cook over low heat until cheese has melted.
- Adjust seasoning to taste. If not spicy enough, add more amarillo paste. If sauce is too thick, add some water.
- Place potatoes on a large serving platter. Pour hot sauce over potatoes.