Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
Simple and healthy shrimp idea.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons garlic, crushed
- 16 ounces shrimp, clean
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces onions, diced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 8 ounces tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream or 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- In sauce pan, melt butter add garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add shrimp and sauté until shrimp are slightly pink.
- Add salt, pepper, onion, parsley, cilantro, and tomatoes.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add cream and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
This was great! I had fresh from the garden tomatoes so I used those instead of canned. I had to add a little chicken broth while everything simmered down. I also added my shrimp at the end so it wouldn't be overcooked. I served it over curly pasta with fresh bread. My husband said it was restaurant quality. Oh, I also added shallots because I love them!
What a really nice, simple and totally delicious dish! I used canned tomatoes, made the recipe as directed, except that I added my shrimp to the sauce towards the end of the cooking time and let them poach gently in the sauce. excellent quick supper dish, I accompanied this with Citrus Jasmine Rice. Thank you, Good Foods!