Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
if you want the heat, go for it!
- 1 cup water
- 8 tablespoons sugar, white granulated
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons dried chili pepper flakes
- 36 pecans
- 1 baking sheet
- Preheat oven to 200C/400F
- combine and simmer 1st 3 ingredients (water,sugar,butter) in a heavy bottom saucepan about 10 mins to make syrup.
- Add chili flakes and reduce the syrup until it starst to form a soft ball.
- Add pecans and quickly mix to cover.
- Pour on a baking sheet and pull apart pecans from each other using either a fork/spoon.
- Place in oven for about 30 mins or until it becomes dry and crispy.
Tell Aisha that her Chili Pecans are the business! LOL! And, I WENT for it, heatwise! I used about 40 pecans for this and also popped a little Cajun seasoning in with the chili flakes! I made these for apero snacks last night and the three of us wolfed them down. Made for Recipe Swap #30 and VERY much enjoyed thanks! FT:-)