1/2 Photos of Airy White Bread
1 hr 30 mins
I don't know where I got this recipe, but it makes the best loaf of white bread that I have tried so far. It makes a nice light white bread, good for everything from sandwiches to toast to whatever you like to use white bread for. The prep time is the entire time the dough is in the bread machine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add all ingredients to your bread machine in the order reccomended by the manufacturer.
- 2Set to"dough" cycle.
- 3When dough cycle finishes, remove dough from bread machine and punch down and knead on a floured surface.
- 4Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray, set dough into the pan, and set aside in a warm place (i set mine on the back burner of my stove-- it gets hot while the stove warms up, and causes the bread to rise quickly) and let the dough rise to just about the top of the loaf pan.
- 5Bake at 375 for 30 minutes.
- 6When dough is done, tap on the top of the loaf.
- 7If it sounds hollow inside, it is done.
- 8If not, cook in additional 5 minute increments, till bread is done.
- 9Let cool a bit before cutting, or the bread will get smushed.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Airy White Bread
Serving Size: 1 (59 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.6
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 4.2 mg
- Sodium 190.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 5.0 g