Prep1 hr 30 mins
I don't know where I got this recipe, but it makes the best loaf of white bread that I have tried so far. It makes a nice light white bread, good for everything from sandwiches to toast to whatever you like to use white bread for. The prep time is the entire time the dough is in the bread machine.
- Add all ingredients to your bread machine in the order reccomended by the manufacturer.
- Set to"dough" cycle.
- When dough cycle finishes, remove dough from bread machine and punch down and knead on a floured surface.
- Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray, set dough into the pan, and set aside in a warm place (i set mine on the back burner of my stove-- it gets hot while the stove warms up, and causes the bread to rise quickly) and let the dough rise to just about the top of the loaf pan.
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes.
- When dough is done, tap on the top of the loaf.
- If it sounds hollow inside, it is done.
- If not, cook in additional 5 minute increments, till bread is done.
- Let cool a bit before cutting, or the bread will get smushed.