Recipe by Lorenz Menendez
Sourced from: "The Bread Lover's Bread Machine Cookbook" by Beth Hensperger
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 1⁄2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons saf yeast or 2 1⁄2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all the ingredients in the pan according to the manufacturer's instructions. Program for the "Dough" or "Pizza Dough" cycle and press "Start". The dough ball will be soft.
- When the machine beeps at the end of the cycle, press "Stop" and unplug the machine. Immediately remove the bread pan from the machine and turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface. Divide into the desired number of portions. Flatten each portion into a disc by kneading a few times then folding the edges into the center. Cover with a damp towel on the work surface to res for 30 minutes until the dough has increased about 20 percent in size.
- Rool out and shape the dough as directed in your pizza recipe. Or place the dough in plastic food storage bags and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. To use, let rest for 20 minutes at room temperature before rolling out. The dough balls may also be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months; let the dough defrost in the refrigerator overnight before using.