- 1 (1/4 ounce) package dry yeast
- 1⁄4 cup water, Warm
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk, scalded
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese (1 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
Directions See How It's Made
- Soften yeast in water.
- Combine milk, cheese, sugar, shortening and salt and stir until cheese melts - cool to lukewarm.
- Add two cups flour and beat 2 minutes at medium, add egg, yeast, cornmeal and rest of flour beat 2 minutes.
- Cover and let rise till doubled. Stir down and fill greased 2 1/2 inch muffin pans halfway full.
- Let rise till double again.
- Bake at 375 about 20 minutes.