this recipe appears periodically on the packages of Imperial Margarine, where it is called, "Regal Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies." it is the ONLY oatmeal cookie recipe I use. I sometimes fool with it by adding extra goodies, but it's great as is. My family calls these "Airport Cookies" because I began making them when my husband was a recreational pilot. I'd whip up a batch or two and he'd haul them to the pilots' lounge at our local airport, where they disappeared...into thin air. (sorry.) they travel well. my daughter, who now lives in Arizona, still asks for these.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F
- 2In a large bowl, beat margarine until light.
- 3Add sugars; beat until fluffy.
- 4Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- 5Add flour, baking soda and salt; mix well.
- 6Stir in oatmeal and chocolate chips until thoroughly combined.
- 7Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto a cookie sheet. (light greasing helps.).
- 8Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are just set. Do not overbake.
- 9NOTE: Made with margarine, these tend to spread; to minimize that, you can chill the dough before baking.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Airport Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1529 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1325.9
- Calories from Fat 559
- Total Fat 62.1 g
- Saturated Fat 19.6 g
- Cholesterol 84.6 mg
- Sodium 965.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 187.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 120.4 g
- Protein 17.4 g