Recipe by Gabo
This is a recipe I found on the back of the wrapping for a cookie sheet. I have not tried it yet, I'm just storing it here so I don't lose it. The time is a guess, because it doesn't specify. I also have no idea how many cookies this makes, because it also doesn't specify that.
Top Review by angie_pangie
Yum! Made these to go in my Christmas trays and they're perfect. The recipe made about 3 dozen. I baked for 17 minutes, turning the cookie sheet after about 14 minutes. I skipped the dipping the edge part, I'm sure it would look and taste awesome, but they're great without this step too. Thanks!
- 2⁄3 cup butter or 2⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (12 ounce) package vanilla baking chips or 1 (12 ounce) package white chocolate baking bar, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups salted cashews, coarsley chopped
- 1⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Stir in egg and vanilla; mix until well blended.
- Stir in flour and soda.
- Add 1 1/2 cups (9 oz.) vanilla chips and 1 cup cashews; mix well.
- Shape dough into 2 inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet; flatten slightly.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes until golden brown. Cool 10 minutes; remove to wire cooling racks. Cool completely.
- Melt remaining 1/2 cup (3 oz.) vanilla chips. Dip in an edge of each cookie and decorate with remaining chopped cashews. If desired, drizzle with melted chocolate.