There are some other air bun recipes which are the same or similar to this... but this is one my mom always made at Christmas time so I'm posting it so I don't lose it :) we eat these as part of our cold Christmas Eve dinner every year. Then we eat them with turkey after Christmas dinner! I also once accidentally used this recipe to make pizza dough... best volcano pizza ever! :) *NOTE: Prep time does not include rising time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine first 3 ingredients and let proof for 10 minutes.
- 2Mix next 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- 3Add yeast mixture to sugar-oil-water mixture.
- 4Mix in 8-10 cups of flour or enough to make a nice soft dough that doesn't stick to your hands.
- 5Put dough in a well greased container and let rise in a warm place.
- 6Knead down once and let rise again.
- 7Form into small balls (about 2" diameter or so) and place on a cookie sheet.
- 8Let rise again until light and fluffy.
- 9Bake in preheated oven 400F for 10-15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Air Buns
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 420.7
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 197.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 8.9 g