Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Tiny cocktail shrimp with aioli on toast, topped with bits of fresh lemon zest and feathery dill. Very pretty dinner party appetizers.
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 (5 ounce) cans baby shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 24 slices white bread, lightly toasted, crusts removed, and cut into 2 1/2-inch rounds
- 1 lemon, zest of
- fresh dill sprig
- Rinse and drain shrimp, pat dry.
- Reserve 24 whole shrimp, and chop the remainder.
- Combine the mayonnaise, garlic, lemon juice, and olive oil in a small bowl until well mixed. Stir in the chopped shrimp, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spread the aioli onto the bread rounds.
- Top each round with a reserved shrimp, a bit of lemon zest and tiny sprigs of fresh dill.