Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This garlic-laden mayo is a sauce for people who take to garlic. Use as a sauce or dip for a whole host of cooked and raw vegies, greens, hard cooked eggs and seafood. As an appetizer spread for bread
- 8 garlic cloves, pressed
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup olive oil
- Place all ingredients, except the olive oil, into a bowl and whisk until thoroughly blended.
- If you have an electric mixer with wire beaters, use them during this next step, or continue with the whisk.
- While beating constantly, add the oil a few drops at a time.
- Slowly increase the flow to a light drizzle until you've used all the oil and the sauce has thickened.
- Allow the sauce to meld at room temp for several hours before using.
Wow ! Try basting aioli on chicken or rabbit when you barbecue.
Really fast and easy--I did it with a special attachment on a food processor, it took about 2 minutes, start to finish. Will serve this tonight with boiled fish, potatoes, carrots, and anything else on hand. Super garlicky, but really good!