Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a delicious garlic mayonnaise that can be used as a vegetable dip, sandwich spread, or let your imagination run wild! This recipe came from Emeril Live at Food TV Network. Definitely a winner for garlic lovers! How about using it potato salad?
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon parsley sprig (optional)
- Combine garlic, eggs, lemon juice, parsley (optional), salt and pepper in a good processor and puree.
- With processor running, slowly add olive oil in a continuous stream until mixture has formed a thick emulsion.
Garlic heaven! I actually used 5 cloves of garlic, and used the stuff as a dipping sauce for steamed veggies. I also mixed some into some beaten eggs and made a great omelette this morning. I highly recommend this, just don't expect to do any serious kissing after all that garlic!
I had been searching for a healthy homemade mayo and hadn't found any recipes I like. I use this for a sandwich spread and it is great! I am happy with regular white vinegar or garlic vinegar instead of lemon juice. I use egg beaters since they are pasteurized. I also used light olive oil so the olive oil isn't too bitter tasting.
It had a little too much garlic and there was a burn but we liked it with http://www.food.com/recipe/tortilla-espa-ola-spanish-potato-omelette-248857