Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A mayonnaise-based garlic spread on a baguette. Great with Italian meals or as an appetizer.
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon, zest of
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces crusty baguette
- Combine mayonnaise, olive oil, parsley, garlic, lemon zest, salt and pepper in small bowl.
- Cut baugette in half lengthwise.
- Spread each baguette half evenly with mixture.
- Place baguette halves on baking sheet, cut side up.
- Bake at 350F about 15 minutes or until just beginning to brown.
- Let cool slightly, then cut into serving size pieces.
This had a very mild flavor that complimented our pasta dish well. If serving as an appetizer, I would probably up the amount of garlic and possibly the lemon zest to increase the flavor. I only had a taste, as I am South Beaching, but hubby ate several pieces with his meal and really enjoyed it.