Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A creamy garlic hit, perfect for dipping steamed spring vegetables in. This goes very well with my cauliflower tempura as well.
- 1⁄4 teaspoon saffron strand
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 300 ml olive oil
- In a small bowl pour 1 tbsp of boiling water over the saffron and set aside.
- Put the garlic, egg yolks and mustard into a food processor or blender; blitz into a paste
- Very slowly dribble in the olive oil to make a thick mayonnaise-style sauce.
- When every thing's come together, add the saffron, saffron water and lemon juice; season to taste.
- The aïoli will keep covered in the fridge for up to 2 days.