1/2 Photos of Ainsley's Spicy Casablanca Couscous
We are big couscous fans in my house and this recipe that my husband found from Ainsley Harriot is really tasty. Great as a snack on it's own or as an accompaniment to roasted veggies or grilled meats and fish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 350 ml chicken stock or 350 ml vegetable stock
- good pinch saffron strand
- 6 spring onions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 225 g couscous
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 2 red chili, seeded and finely chopped
- 50 g pine nuts, toasted
- 1Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in large pan. add the cumin,garlic,coriander and paprika and fry over a gentle heat for 1 min,stirring.
- 2Add the stock and saffron and bring to the boil. Add the spring onion and then pour in the couscous in a steady stream and give it a quick stir.
- 3Cover the pan with a tight fitting lid, remove from the heat and set aside for 5 minutes, to allow the grains to swell and absorb the stock.
- 4If you are serving this warm, stir in the rest of the oil and the remaining ingredients now. Otherwise allow the couscous to cool and chill in the fridge for 1 hour before adding the other ingredients for a yummy cold couscous salad.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ainsley's Spicy Casablanca Couscous
Serving Size: 1 (818 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1633.3
- Calories from Fat 622
- Total Fat 69.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 10.6 mg
- Sodium 560.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 211.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.3 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 48.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: