Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
You know, growing up, I had all sorts of funny combos of food I liked. This one seems to be the one I am still eating when I want a snack and nothing else in the house sounds good. I love it with Chicken Noodle Soup.
- 2 slices white bread
- 2 slices American cheese (Kraft is my favorite!)
- 9 dill pickle slices (I usually use the thin hamburger dills)
- butter, for frying
- Preheat a skillet and toss in enough butter to fry your sandwich. I tend to use more than necessary, usually, because I like mine more wet than toasty.
- Place the pickle slices on top of the cheese and top with the other cheese slice and bread.
- Fry the sandwich until it gets browned like you like it, but long enough on either side to melt the cheese until gooey.
- Eat it while it's hot!
Oh so good! The perfect mix of tangy salty crunchy cheesey goodness. I could eat this everyday.
love it this is how i eat mine and i put some bacon on it also and its the best!!
I remember the first time I had a grilled cheese sandwich this way. It was at a friend's house and I thougtht it was the most gourmet thing I had ever had! It was so great to see the recipe here.