Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I had some boneless, skinless chicken breasts already cooked and wanted to come up with a recipe to use with them and to use some other things I already had on hand. I adapted it loosely from another recipe I had found online and it turned out great. My family and I really enjoyed it, and it's one I will definetly be making again. * You could substitute turkey for the chicken or diced onion for the french fried onions, and add any other veggies you would like.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cooked, and diced)
- 1 (8 ounce) bag white rice (boil in the bag)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (diluted with a can and 1/2 water)
- 1 (8 ounce) container fat free cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup French-fried onions
- 1 dash of tony chachere's creole seasoning
- 1 dash italian seasoning
- 1 dash garlic powder
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon butter (to keep the rice from sticking to itself)
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook and season chicken breasts if not already cooked, then dice up into small chunks, put in bowl and set aside.
- Boil the rice in the bag according to the box directions, drain, and cut open bag then pour into a greased baking dish with a tsp butter on top and stir to distribute the butter so as to keep the rice from sticking.
- In a sauce pan, heat up the cream of chicken soup and cream cheese, adding the can and 1/2 water roughly, to get the consistency desired so as not to be too thick or too thin.
- Stir till warm and cream cheese is melted and creamy.
- Add some of the french fried onions and the diced chicken to the soup stirring well to mix.
- Pour soup mixture over rice in baking dish and stir to have the soup coat the rice as well.
- Top with rest of french fried onions and the shredded cheddar cheese and bake in oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.