Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
This is one of the best brownie recipes I've ever made. Everyone loves them (including me!) If I'm craving them, I'll eat them raw and cooked.
Top Review by Chef Dudo
Very good taste. Nice and chewy. Had a bit of a problem with the topping. It wouldn't melt in the two minutes stated. Left it for five minutes and still not melted. Since the brownie was done by that time I took it out of the oven. Scraped up the chocolate chips and walnuts from the top. Melted it in the microwave together with 2 teaspoons water. When it became a paste I spread it over the top of the brownie. Wish I had a camera to show you the result. Thanks for posting.
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, plus
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line an 8x8-inch pan with foil. Spray the foil.
- Combine 1 cup chips and the butter. Melt in the microwave for 1 minute, stirring until smooth. Whisk in the sugar and eggs. Stir in the flour and salt. Fold in the 1/2 cup nuts and vanilla.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes or until done.
- Finely chop the remaining nuts. Top the baked brownies with the remaining nuts and chips. Return to the oven for 2 minutes to melt the chips to form a glaze. Cool completely and cut into squares.