Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I know lots of people make Taco Salad, but.... my daughter, Aimee makes the best!!! We tease her alot, saying "If Aimee is preparing dinner, it must be Taco Salad", but we never get tired of it. And, she really can cook other things!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (3 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can ranch style beans (drained)
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Catalina dressing
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 1 (10 ounce) package Fritos corn chips (crunched)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can corn (drained)
- 1⁄2 cup purple onion (diced)
- hot sauce
- sour cream
- Wash and tear lettuce. Regrigerate.
- Brown ground beef, drain and add taco seasoning.
- Cool completely.
- When ready to serve combine all ingredients in large bowl and toss.
- Serve with Hot sauce, Sour cream and Guacamole.
This is truely a wonderful salad! We will be making it again and again! I only used a 1 oz. package of taco seasoning and it was really, really good! Thank you!
This is similar to my sister's recipe, and hers is the BEST TACO SALAD in town, also. She is the salad queen, since she has burnt up many a kitchen. But, we add a small bottle of ortego taco sauce to the catalina, and pour over crushed nacho Doritos instead. I am sure either way is delicious, but try it with the taco sauce mixture, and doritos and see if you like it too. This truly is a better taco salad!