1/2 Photos of Aiken Pool Hall Hot Dogs
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This is reportedly the recipe for the topping used on the famous Aiken, SC City Billiards "pool hall hot dogs", with a minor adjustment made on my part regarding the amount of onions used (original recipe states "4 medium onions"). It's a sweet and tangy mixture; I like it topped with lots of shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese. (I've made this with ground turkey and it tastes pretty fine, too!) This makes enough topping for about 4 hot dogs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Break up and lightly brown the ground beef in a 4-quart saucepan.
- 2Add onions and cook for 5 more minutes.
- 3Add hot water to make a thick mix and stir together.
- 4Add mustard, sugar, vinegar, chili powder, and ketchup.
- 5Cook slowly for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- 6Salt to taste.
- 7Use to top hot dogs in buns.
- 8(I like to lightly toast the buns with a little garlic butter first).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aiken Pool Hall Hot Dogs
Serving Size: 1 (388 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1111.4
- Calories from Fat 563
- Total Fat 62.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 100.9 mg
- Sodium 9965.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 27.2 g
- Sugars 30.0 g
- Protein 64.7 g