Recipe by carly75
My 2 year old Aidan and I make this bread together. It is a moist bread and we love it. Originally got the recipe from Classic Country Baking by Flo Bjelke-Petersen
Top Review by BowerBird
What a fabulous banana bread! One of the best I've tried, thank you for sharing :) I made mine without the nuts, and it was delicious. Made up a batch of cream cheese frosting to top it with - this one was a winner!
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups self raising flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 90 g butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 bananas, very ripe mashed
- 1 1⁄2 cups nuts (I use walnuts and sunflower seeds)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together salt, flour and spices.
- Cream butter and sugar, then add the eggs one at a time, beating well.
- Beat mixture until light and fluffy.
- Add sifted flour and spices and bananas to creamed mixture, combining lightly.
- Fold in nuts.
- Turn the mixture into a well greased loaf tin Bake in a moderate oven (180c-200c) for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Cool in the tin.
- Can be iced with a cream cheese frosting or lemon icing.