1/2 Photos of Ahi Tuna Marinade
2 hrs 5 mins
Our family was first introduced to the concept of "rare" Ahi Tuna when my sister-inlaw opened an inland NJ seafood restaurant. Frequently, she tested new recipes on us as well as her family & friends. The first time I tasted it, I was surprised to find out how good the rare tuna was! I then decided to create my own marinade that was more to our liking. The trick is to just sear the fish on a hot frying pan for 1-2 minutes per side and then serve immediately.
My Private Note
4 ounce ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine 1 cup of Teriyaki Sauce with 3 minced garlic cloves to create marinade.
- 2Reserve 1/2 cup of Teriyaki sauce and 1 garlic clove. Refrigerate.
- 3Place tuna in a shallow dish and poor marinade over fish.
- 4Marinade for 2-3 hours in the refrigerator.
- 5Throw out marinade.
- 6Saute remaining minced garlic clove until tender in 1 TBSP of olive oil.
- 7Remove from pan.
- 8Sear tuna on in same frying pan for 1-2 minutes per side.
- 9While tuna is cooking place "reserved" sauteed garlic & teriyaki sauce over tuna.
- 10Remove from heat and serve with Teriyaki & Garlic on top.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ahi Tuna Marinade
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 288.3
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 43.0 mg
- Sodium 4184.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 14.1 g
- Protein 33.0 g