Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I haven't tried these yet, but they sound awesome. From "Amuse-Bouche" by Rick Tramonto with Mary Goodbody.
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, mixture of black and white
- 3 ounces ahi, sushi-grade
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- Put the sesame seeds in a dry frying pan and toast over medium heat for about 30 seconds or until fragrant and the white seeds start to turn golden.
- Transfer to a small, shallow bowl and allow to cool completely.
- Cut the tuna into six 1/2-inch cubes.
- To serve, coat one side of each cube with the sesame seeds and place on a small plate with the coated side facing-up.
- Drizzle soy sauce and sesame oil over the cubes.