1/1 Photo of Ahi Tuna and Baby Shrimp Ceviche W/Papaya Salad and Coconut
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Ceviche is a non-cook prep method, letting the fish marinate and cook in citrus juices. The original recipe calls for Hamachi - also know as Amberjack - but this fish is not recognized by food.com. If you find it, use 1/2 cup of each type of fish. The ceviche needs to marinate for 1 hour so please plan ahead. Time for marinating is included in prep time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup baby shrimp, peeled, deveined, diced
- 3/4 cup fresh ahi tuna, diced
- 3 sprigs mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- 6 sprigs cilantro leaves, finely chopped, divided
- 1 -2 scotch bonnet pepper, seeded
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 limes, juiced
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 5 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 3 teaspoons sea salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons dark rum
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 3Mix shrimp, ahi tuna, hamachi, chopped mint, half the cilantro, chile, 3 tablespoons olive oil, lime juice, juice of 2 lemons, 2 tablespoons sugar, and 1 teaspoon salt. Allow to marinate 1 hour. Drain and refrigerate.
- 42nd ceviche step:.
- 5While ceviche is marinating - whisk together remaining sugar, salt, oil, cilantro, lemon juice, coconut milk, and rum. Toss with seafood just before serving.
- 6Papaya Salad:.
- 7Prepare the vinaigrette in a small bowl by combining the oil, wine vinegar, mayonnaise, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- 8Combine the papaya and vinaigrette in a large salad bowl. Sprinkle with parsley and lime juice.
- 9Place coconut pieces in oven for 10 minutes or until tender.
- 10Place papaya salad on coconut shell and top with ceviche. Garnish with mint.
Browse Our Top South West Pacific Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All South West Pacific Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ahi Tuna and Baby Shrimp Ceviche W/Papaya Salad and Coconut
Serving Size: 1 (407 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 726.3
- Calories from Fat 502
- Total Fat 55.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.9 mg
- Sodium 2377.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 40.2 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh ahi tuna
white wine vinegar