Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
When I say plum powder in the ingredient list, I really mean li hing mui powder. From Hawaiian Electric Company.
- Li Hing Mui Butter:.
- Warm butter until slightly soft, stir in li hing mui powder and nuts.
- Refrigerate mixture until needed.
- Makes 1/4 cup.
- Ahi Steak:.
- Combine vegetable oil, lemon juice, and lime juice; marinate ahi in the lemon juice mixture for 1 to 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat electric grill or broiler to 500°F
- Drain ahi and grill for about 7 to 8 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place a tablespoon of li hing mui butter on top of each steak.
- Place under broiler until butter begins to melt.