Recipe by DeeCooks
A special I had at one of our great seafood restaurants in Monterey. They wouldn't share the recipe, but I found a few like it and adapted 'til it was close! I don't usually add the chilis, (I picked them off at the restaurant,) but my husband likes them. A mandoline is great here for the veggies.
- 1 medium jicama, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, thinly sliced, roughly cut into about 1-inch shreds, then soaked in ice water for about half an hour
- 1⁄4 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sweet 100 tomatoes (other small cherry tomatoes may be used, but you might want to cut them in half or quarters)
- 1⁄4 lb sashimi grade ahi, thinly sliced (tuna)
- salt & pepper
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- serrano chilies, sliced or avocados, slices or cilantro leaf, if desired (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Have all ingredients chilled.
- Use an immersion blender to make dressing. Set aside two tablespoons, then toss veggies with remaining 1/4 cup.
- Arrange veggies on two plates, then top with the ahi.
- Drizzle with dressing, and, if desired, arrange avocado on top, sprinkle with chilis and cilantro.