Recipe by yamma
I have made this cake for years, and it alway turns out great. It is wonderful served with fresh fruit, especially strawberries.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup almond paste
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl and beat with mixer for 4 minutes.
- Pour into greased loaf pan (I use glass).
- Bake for 1 hour in 350 degree F. oven.
- While cake is baking mix 1/2 cup sugar with the juice of 1 lemon.
- After you remove cake from oven, pierce holes in warm cake and pour sugar/lemon mixture over cake.
- Let cake rest in pan until cool, then remove from pan to serve.