Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Talk about yummy!!! These are so easy and so good. Robbie gave this recipe to me and at the time they had the rather boring name of simply, Cheese Bread. Beth took one bite and oohed and ahhed and mentioned Redford's name in her mumbling; therefore, they received a new name! These have been a hit for refreshments at meetings and also, were included in a tasting luncheon and local cookbook. Everyone loves them and requests this recipe. Be ready to email it or have it printed and ready. I have never had a recipe be so requested and yet so very easy!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 egg white
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar, reserve for topping
- Mix cream cheese, egg yolk, vanilla, sugar, and lemon juice until smooth.
- On a greased cookie sheet lay one package of rolls, pinching together at seams.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over the rolls.
- Lay out second package of crescent rolls on top of the mixture, pinching seams, and then brushing with the egg white.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Cool and cut into squares to serve.