Recipe by seahorse73
This was on The View! OH MY GOD!!!!
Top Review by Cook4_6
Baked marcaroni and cheese is normally not something I crave; I made it for DH -- his favorite comfort food. He and the neighbor kept eating portions on into the evening and loved it! So, this rating comes from a true m&c connoisseur.
- 2 lbs elbow macaroni
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 lb butter, melted
- 6 cups half-and-half
- 4 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cups sharp white cheddar cheese, grated (extra sharp)
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 cup asiago cheese, grated
- 1 cup gruyere cheese, grated
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 cup muenster cheese, grated
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 325°F
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the macaroni and cook until still slightly al dente, about 10 minutes.
- Drain and set aside to keep warm.Whisk the eggs in a large bowl until frothy.
- Combine the Velveeta, butter, and two cups of the half-and-half in a large bowl.
- Add the warm macaroni, tossing until the cheese has melted and the mixture is smooth. Add the remaining half-and-half, three cups of the sharp yellow cheddar cheese, the remaining grated cheeses, and salt and pepper, tossing until completely combined.
- Pour the mixture into a 9 x 13-inch casserole or baking dish and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the remaining one cup of sharp yellow cheddar cheese and bake until golden brown on top, about 30 minutes more.
- Serve hot.