Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Wonderfully cooling on a hot summer day as well as comforting additions to winter feast! this is the very best Cucumber Salad I have ever tasted so don't be scared off by the name!
- 4 cucumbers, peeled and sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 5 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons dill weed
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- Place your thin sliced cucumbers on a baking pan in a single layer and sprinkle the salt evenly over all the cucumber slices.
- place another pan on top of the pan of cucumbers to press out the natural juices of the cucumbers, adding a heavy bowl if needed for weight.
- Press at least 6 hours or over night!
- In the morning drain the liquid and toss the cucumbers into the marinade
- place in a refrigerator and marinade for 2 hours then serve and enjoy!
Cool as a cucumber, actual scientific fact! If you are plauged by a hot dusty day this salat brings welcome refreshment, with enough bite to keep you interested. A wonderful thing to ride home to.
Really, really good. I make this all the time. Sometimes I use the water in the marinade, sometimes not. Also, I just use a black and white pepper blend. I toss the cucumbers with the salt but not with weights. Great recipe, thanks for posting.
Cucumbers are my top 10 all time food. I really liked this cucumber recipe, as it really "screams" the taste of the little cucumber, and enhances it two fold. I pressed my cucumbers over night adding a bowl to compress further. The next morning they had lost a lot of liquid, thus rendering them to be placed now with their marinade to crisp them, and take their taste to a whole other yummy sensation. I did leave these all morning long to marinade in the vinegar and added some sliced onion on top and they were all gone by Saturday Lunch at the Farm. Thanks, Recipe Baroness! Will use this a lot!