Recipe by Recipe Baroness
Wonderfully cooling on a hot summer day as well as comforting additions to winter feast! this is the very best Cucumber Salad I have ever tasted so don't be scared off by the name!
Top Review by RSdaCat
Cool as a cucumber, actual scientific fact! If you are plauged by a hot dusty day this salat brings welcome refreshment, with enough bite to keep you interested. A wonderful thing to ride home to.
- 4 cucumbers, peeled and sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 5 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons dill weed
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place your thin sliced cucumbers on a baking pan in a single layer and sprinkle the salt evenly over all the cucumber slices.
- place another pan on top of the pan of cucumbers to press out the natural juices of the cucumbers, adding a heavy bowl if needed for weight.
- Press at least 6 hours or over night!
- In the morning drain the liquid and toss the cucumbers into the marinade
- place in a refrigerator and marinade for 2 hours then serve and enjoy!