Recipe by Reddyrat
This soup looks delicious. I found the recipe at www.laylita.com/recipes. Posted for ZWT 2008.
- 1360.77 g assorted chicken pieces
- 177.44 ml rice, uncooked
- 29.58 ml sunflower oil or 29.58 ml butter
- 236.59 ml chopped red onion, about 1/2 onion
- 236.59 ml chopped bell pepper, about 1 pepper
- 2 roma tomatoes (peeled, seeded and chopped or canned)
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 29.58 ml chopped parsley
- 4.92 ml dried oregano or 14.79 ml chopped fresh oregano
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 4.92 ml ground achiote
- 1892.72 ml chicken broth or 1892.72 ml water
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced, about 3 1/2 cups
- 236.59 ml chopped carrot
- 236.59 ml peas (fresh or frozen)
- 29.58 ml finely chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak the rice in water for 30 minutes
- Heat the oil or butter in a large sauce pan. Add onions, garlic, pepper, tomatoes, parsley, oregano, cumin, achiote and salt, cook for 10 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add the chicken broth or water and bring to a boil.
- Add the chicken pieces and cook for 30 minutes.
- Add the soaked rice and the chopped potatoes, cook for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the carrots and cook for 5 minutes
- Add the peas and cook for 5-7 minutes or until the both the peas and carrots are tender.
- Add the chopped cilantro and serve with avocado slices and hot sauce or aji.