1/2 Photos of Aguado De Gallina or Chicken Rice Soup
1 hr 15 mins
This soup looks delicious. I found the recipe at www.laylita.com/recipes. Posted for ZWT 2008.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs assorted chicken pieces
- 3/4 cup rice, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped red onion, about 1/2 onion
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper, about 1 pepper
- 2 roma tomatoes (peeled, seeded and chopped or canned)
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground achiote
- 8 cups chicken broth or 8 cups water
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced, about 3 1/2 cups
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 cup peas (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper
- 1Soak the rice in water for 30 minutes
- 2Heat the oil or butter in a large sauce pan. Add onions, garlic, pepper, tomatoes, parsley, oregano, cumin, achiote and salt, cook for 10 minutes stirring frequently.
- 3Add the chicken broth or water and bring to a boil.
- 4Add the chicken pieces and cook for 30 minutes.
- 5Add the soaked rice and the chopped potatoes, cook for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 6Add the carrots and cook for 5 minutes
- 7Add the peas and cook for 5-7 minutes or until the both the peas and carrots are tender.
- 8Add the chopped cilantro and serve with avocado slices and hot sauce or aji.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aguado De Gallina or Chicken Rice Soup
Serving Size: 1 (516 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 440.2
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 77.6 mg
- Sodium 852.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 28.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: